New Heights Church

Friday, September 2, 2011

Country Music

Preaching Country Music

I was listening to a newer country song the other day that was talking about the voices that the singer hears in his head all the time. Words from his grandfather to not drink too much, Mom telling him to tithe, and other significant people in his past and the advice that they gave him all the time.

So, my question to you is what voices do you hear in your head? It’s all well and great to get nostalgic about things you remember loved ones telling you, but where do those OTHER voices come from? The ones that tell you that you are dumb, an idiot, a screw up? Where do they come from and what do you do with the message of those voices? You really need an answer to those questions in your life, if you intend on being the man you want to be.

Rom. 8:1 tells us that there is no commendation for those who are in Christ. So, the voice of God is never condemning. If you hear a voice telling you how sorry you are, that’s not God. Which leads me to another new country song that I love by Miranda Lambert.

The chorus goes like this:

'Cause I heard Jesus, He drank wine / And I bet we'd get along just fine / He could calm a storm and heal the blind / And I bet He'd understand a heart like mine /

I just love the thought of there not being anything Jesus can’t accomplish and the inner workings of my being aren’t any surprise or problem for Him! He understands. Don’t believe me, just ask Him. Ask Him which of those voices are His and what you need to do about it.

Strength for the Battle to you guys!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment