New Heights Church

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Life

He that will lose his life, the same will save it.

What the heck is Jesus talking about here? I have to die to live? That makes no sense. Well, since this is Jesus, maybe He is on to something. Let’s see.
First, what kind of life are you arranging for yourself? What role have you cast yourself in? Is it the role in the story that God has for you? Most of us fall way short of His plan for us. Not necessarily because of our sin, though that can be part of it, but because we really don’t believe that we have a crucial role to play.

We are convinced at a early age that we don’t have anything to offer and then we go off and either accept that statement and don’t even try, or we try REALLY hard in work, education, or whatever you find a little success in and then that’s what we offer. And only that. Rarely do those that love us just get us.

Yesterday, I listened to many stories of God working in people’s lives. They were triumphant, inspirational, stories that made me, for awhile, remember that there are bigger things than my comfort going on here. A larger story that makes my heart swell when I catch glimpses of it. Stories that make me remember that I can trust God with my whole life and I don’t have to go anywhere else to find the life that my heart craves. I can actually lose the little life that I try to arrange for myself and lose my life in God.

Like a little kid. Running to God with no thought whatsoever that He might not catch me.

I hope you recognize those stories today as they come your way as God calling you to enjoy the life He has for you.

God Bless You Men
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment