New Heights Church

Friday, February 24, 2012

I hope you do

Hey Guys,
I know I was a little harsh on the last email about not being passive, but I couldn’t put the last half of that message on there in the interest of not writing a book in these emails.

The other part of that story is how do we live life with passion? How do we reject passivity? I believe that it’s not possible without tremendous effort unless you live with hope. You always have to keep in mind that Jesus said that my yoke is easy and my burden is light. If your life is experiencing some burn out, ask yourself a couple of questions. One, is the story I’m writing for myself a small one, that I am the center of, and two, am I putting any hope in the creator of this universe; do I believe his heart for me is good?

So for an example of living with hope, I have a young man that works for me that sometimes doesn’t make the best decisions in life and has suffered the consequences of those decisions. He is really trying to put his life on a good track but occasionally suffers from getting along with the women in his life, namely his ex and one of our managers. His ex is trying to keep him away from their daughter, which as you can imagine, causes him considerable stress. We sat him down with a law clerk that gave him some advice with his child custody case which really gave him some hope to be able to see his daughter on a regular basis. The next day, he stopped our manager and asked if everything was ok between them and that he was sorry for any grief he had caused her. Out of the blue. Unsolicited. There was a situation that was robbing him of hope and when he was able to see a ray of hope in the middle of it, he was willing to humble himself and ask forgiveness. Wow

When we are robbed of hope, we can be some pretty rotten people to get along with. When we live with hope, the love and joy of Christ has a much easier time flowing through us to the rest of the world. “My yoke is easy” has much to do with how much we trust Jesus and are following Him!
“and these three remain, faith, hope and love.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment